Changing jobs is incredibly hard, particularly for the 80m working Americans who haven’t gone to college. Nevertheless, a person’s past work may have given them many of the skills they need to succeed in a seemingly different job.
AdeptID is building a comprehensive recommendation engine connecting talent, demand, and training. Our models are based on real hiring data that allow us to offer insights based on observed outcomes.
We’ve had some exciting progress in our first year:
- We’ve gathered a dataset of over 400,000 observed job transitions and ingested public and commercial data from various providers
- We’ve trained models that, in some cases, are predicting hiring success over 90% of the time - purely on the basis of underlying skills
- We’re working with a growing cohort of employer and training provider partners who are starting to incorporate these insights into their practices.
Our results are promising and our agenda is increasingly clear, but we need more hands on deck to make sure our models live up to their potential.
As a Research Data Scientist, you will:
- Work closely with the Chief Data Scientist to determine and fulfill success criteria for model performance
- Manage and run experiments with a mix of public and private data sources
- Produce rigorous documentation of findings, including white papers as appropriate
- Formulate new, adjacent research questions and train models to address them
Our ideal candidate
- A creative and resourceful problem solver
- An excellent written communicator
- Intimately familiar with machine learning modeling techniques
- Experienced with a data science toolkit
- Fluent in Python - particularly with data science libraries (NumPy, Pandas, SciPy, Scikit-learn)
- Fluent with tools to scale to larger models and datasets (e.g. PySpark and Spark)
- Experience with cloud machine-learning platforms (e.g. SageMaker)
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in the talent, workforce, and/or education sectors
What we can offer
- An important mission (to promote empowerment through economic mobility)
- A fascinating technical problem (i.e. making human capital legible)
- Opportunity to join an exciting venture in its early stage
- Competitive early-stage salary and benefits (incl. medical, dental, vision, paid parental leave)
AdeptID believes that everyone is adept. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, parental status, crime victims or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.